Latest News from the HOA Board....
May 15, 2020
REOPENING THE CLUBHOUSE
The HOA Board had finalized a schedule to open the Clubhouse for various activities. We had been relying on the Governor of Kansas Plan to Reopen, to include opening the pool, clubhouse activities, etc. This afternoon, that Plan changed when the Governor released Phase 1.5 beginning May 18, 2020. This Phase 1.5 changed our original HOA reopening schedule. Under the Phase 1.5 schedule, mass gatherings are limited to not more than 10 individuals until June 1 (30) with the strong encouragement to use masks and the requirement for maintaining the 6 feet social (physical) distancing for those gatherings; swimming pools (community) are not allowed to open. See www.covid.ks.gov for further detail.
THEREFORE, the following changes have been made in our original HOA reopening plan which we were preparing to distribute this week: (1) The HOA meeting on May 21 is cancelled, but the scheduled committee meetings will still occur with appropriate distancing; no more than 10 attendees; recommendations for masks for participants; and disinfection afterwards. The Board will discuss alternative dates in June for the HOA Board meeting and committee minutes will be posted on the website under HOA member drop down when available; (2) The pool originally scheduled to open before Memorial Day weekend is now pushed back to June 1. We will wait for guidance from Johnson County DHE which has jurisdiction over the pool, but they have previously followed the state guidelines; (3) The exercise room will be opened early next week and we will advise, but the length of that opening will depend upon the continued availability of special wipes needed on the equipment (presently back ordered like most sanitizing wipes for several weeks). These wipes are the only ones allowed because of their approved use on control panels (like your computer screens, phones, etc.). Notices will be posted on the door as to the guidelines.
There are many moving parts and frustrating confusion as to various “rules” in the KC Metro area; political maneuvering in Kansas, but we will continue to monitor and advise. In the meantime, take care of yourselves and you can apparently get tattoos, hair and nails done, and tan with appointments…..
Bill Seiler, President
The Villas of Asbury HOA
Providing an update from your HOA Board as to activities since HOA and committee meetings in March and April have been cancelled. We will see what May brings.
1. The posted rules on the use of the clubhouse remain in effect. The opening of the pool and spa scheduled in May will be reviewed later this month and subject to rules from Johnson County.
2. A volunteer group on Tuesday, April 14, began removing ground debris from the west tree line after the work done by Ryan Tree. Large pile resulted and interesting items trashed in the tree line discovered. ANOTHER VOLUNTEER DAY IS SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY APRIL 21 AT 10;00-12;00. Any one is welcome. If you have a rake please bring. Gloves are recommended.
3. Status of approved projects: (1) Beginning of painting was delayed due to weather. We hope to begin the week of April 20. Each building should take approximately a week and a half and include painting and wood repair; (2) Signature mowing began. Working on the little yellow flowers. Mulching is not in the schedule this year (every other year) so take advantage of any sales on mulch if you need it. (3) Approved drainage on east side of 15-16 done. Builder sent reimbursement for major work per agreement. (4) Approved drainage for 2902-3102 scheduled for this summer.Approved drainage at 17-18 being scheduled.
4. Various maintenance provided requests continue. Some roofing issues; repair of Brentwood sidewalk by At&T; Voles, cattails in pond; sod replacement, etc. If you have requests please submit.
5. We have noticed a number of compressors or HVAC units which need leveling. When you have your summer servicing have those reviewed by your service provider since that is your responsibility. .
6. City has reopened yard waste pickup. Needs to be put into proper paper bags (no plastic bags) and put out on the trash pick up day (Tuesday). For changes on the waste collection rules, monitor the City of Olathe website.
We have been following the State of Kansas and Johnson County information on the corona virus. The Johnson County website on corona virus has daily information including a dashboard. For those of us with children and grand children outside Johnson County most local governments have similar sites.
We hope that you are all safe, taking precautions, and we will revisit over the the next couple of weeks.
President - The Villas of Asbury Homeowners Association, Inc.
Important Clubhouse Update for HOA Members:
1. The clubhouse is closed until further notice for all social activities and meetings.
2. The exercise room and pool will continue to be available with the conditions that not more than 10 persons can be present and that recommended physical distancing is done. The spa is closed.
3. The library also will be accessible.
4. You should follow the national directives to wash or sanitize your hands regularly and self quarantine if you have symptoms.
5. The HOA Board will continue to review the situation as new directives and advice is provided by Johnson County Department of Health & Environment. There are daily postings at the Johnson County coronavirus website.
HOA Board of Directors